Pangea Real Estate is a privately held real estate owner/operator headquartered in Chicago, IL. Our mission is to be the best property managers on the continent. We are accomplishing our mission by incorporating technology and excellent customer service to all units under management. We strive to deliver service, value and care, to all our residents. Our portfolio has grown to over 13,000 apartment units owned and operated in Chicago, Indianapolis, and Baltimore.
Click here to see what it's like to work at Pangea!!
Pangea Real Estate is searching for a talented, ambitious, self-directed facilities professional with strong customer service and problem solving skills. A successful candidate will be motivated and excited to work at a fast-growing company with room for growth.
The facilities manager will be responsible for the maintenance of a portfolio of properties totaling approximately 600 units in Baltimore City and Baltimore County.
Responsibilities include but are NOT limited to:
- Develop, mentor, and train a team of maintenance and unit turnover technicians
- Complete management of maintenance material, including supply ordering, storage and inventory
- Oversee monthly, quarterly, and annual continuous preventive maintenance schedules
- Monitor work order reports to prioritize work and meet completion targets
- Prepare 24 hour on-call schedule for the team and ensure availability for heavy snow, ice, and other on-site emergencies
- Communicate and escalate issues with our heavy construction team and regional manager
- Must have access to reliable vehicle with valid driver’s license and insurance
- Previous work experience in property maintenance, construction, or hotel maintenance
- Honest and able to work in a self-directed, fast-paced environment with minimal oversight
- Hard working and flexible on hours; willingness to work weekends if necessary
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Management experience preferred
- Must be computer literate
- Yardi software experience preferred
- Well-rounded knowledge of plumbing, electrical, HVAC, and carpentry preferred
Compensation and Benefits:
- Full health insurance package, including medical, dental, and vision
- Long and short-term disability
- 401(k) retirement plan with matching
- Two weeks’ vacation and five sick days per year
- Discount on apartment at any one of our properties
- Gas reimbursement
- Company cell phone
- Employee referral payment program