Maintenance Technician - Southside (Park Forest, Calumet City)
Pangea Real Estate is a privately held real estate owner/operator headquartered in Chicago, IL. Our mission is to be the best property managers on the continent. We are accomplishing our mission by incorporating technology and excellent customer service to all units under management. We strive to deliver service, value and care, to all our residents. Our portfolio has grown to over 13,000 apartment units owned and operated in Chicago, Indianapolis, and Baltimore.
Click here to see what it's like to work at Pangea!!
Pangea Real Estate is searching for a talented, ambitious, self-directed maintenance professional with strong customer service and problem solving skills. A successful candidate will be motivated and excited to work at a fast-growing company with room for growth.
The maintenance technician will be assigned to maintenance and unit turnover duties for properties in south side, east side of Chicago.
Responsibilities include but are NOT limited to:
- Work alongside team members to ensure interior and exterior of buildings meet company standards
- Troubleshoot and resolve a variety of maintenance issues, including carpentry, electrical, flooring and plumbing
- Assist in turning over apartments in an efficient manner
- Work in an on-call rotation, may require work in the nights and weekends as emergencies arise
- Track work orders using Yardi software
- Must have own tools.
- Access to reliable vehicle with valid driver’s license with insurance.
- Honest and able to work in a self-directed, fast-paced environment with minimal oversight.
- Hard working and flexible on hours if necessary.
- Previous work experience in property maintenance
- HVAC certification
- Computer literacy
- Full health insurance package, including medical, dental, and vision
- Long and short-term disability
- 401(k) retirement plan with matching
- Two weeks’ vacation and five sick days per year
- Discount on apartment at any one of our properties, pending meeting eligibility requirements
- Employee referral payment program
- Company cell phone