Custodian / Janitor - South Side
Pangea Real Estate is a real estate management and acquisition company located in downtown Chicago. Our mission is to be the best property managers on the continent. We are accomplishing our mission by incorporating technology and excellent customer service to all units under management. We are one of the fastest growing Chicago real estate companies with over 13,000 units owned and under management in Chicago, Indianapolis, and Baltimore.
Click here to learn more about Pangea!
Pangea is currently looking for a self-motivated Custodian that is willing to succeed in our company. The successful candidate will be self-driven, highly motivated, and will be able to work effectively in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment. Candidates must be comfortable working in Chicago's west side neighborhoods, including Washington Park, Auburn Gresham, Chatham, South Shore, and the South Surburbs.
- Provide janitorial service to assigned building(s).
- Adhere to established specifications and standards.
- Close out work orders in a timely manner.
- Provide pest control services.
- Properly track time with time keeping system.
- Must be able to lift materials up and down stairs.
- Operate industrial vacuum cleaners to remove scraps, dirt, heavy debris and other refuse.
- Wash windows, interior walls and ceilings.
- Empty trash cans and other waste containers.
- Sweep, mop, scrub and wax hallways, floors and stairs.
- Clean snow and ice from walkways and parking areas.
- Cut grass and tend grounds.
- Clean and disinfect washrooms and fixture.
- Perform other routine maintenance jobs and repair such as painting.
- Reset breakers for tenants when instructed.
- Open basement doors for utility companies when instructed.
- Ensure that security and safety measures are in place in the establishment.
- May advertise vacancies, show apartments and offices to prospective tenants.
- 2-3 years of custodial experience required
- Must have access to reliable automobile
- Must be able to drive from property to property throughout any day.
- Full benefit package, including medical, dental, & vision
- Disability and life coverage
- 401(k) with generous company match
- 5 sick days and 10 vacation days to start