Senior Financial Analyst / Associate
Pangea Properties is a vertically integrated, privately held real estate investment trust (REIT) headquartered in Chicago, IL. Founded in 2009, our mission is to bring high quality, professional property management to the fragmented and unsophisticated workforce housing category. We believe that by leveraging our operational platform, Pangea can provide institutional capital with access to a vast and untouched, high yield asset class. We lead with operations and are accomplishing our mission by incorporating data, technology and excellent customer service to all units under management. We strive to deliver service, value and care, to all of our residents. In just over 8 years, our portfolio has grown to over 13,500 apartment units owned and operated in Chicago, Indianapolis and Baltimore and approximately 450 employees, the majority of whom were sourced internally and promoted from within.
Watch this video to learn more about Pangea!
Pangea Properties is searching for talented, excited and hard-working candidates to work with our organization in a senior financial analyst or associate role (depending on experience) on our Asset Management team. An ideal candidate for the position is one that wants to solve problems, ask questions and is willing to go the extra mile. The ability to draw conclusions from complex data sets and provide recommendations from that information is necessary for the role. Pangea values candidates that are hoping to grow into more responsibility and eager to take on the next challenge. Pangea is a young, vibrant, growing company that values culture and communication as critical success factors that have facilitated the Company’s meteoric growth, and earned it the honor of the Inc. 5000 Hall of Fame for 5 consecutive years of recognition through 2017.
Role and Responsibilities
We give you the autonomy to identify, quantify and solve business problems. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate within a team setting to identify operational problems and collaboratively discover solutions
- Create and own operational and financial reporting, including ad hoc analysis
- Demonstrate willingness to take on changing daily tasks and build scalable modular processes
- Interact with all levels of organization, including executives, to consolidate data and analyze trends
- Run meetings and take ownership of a functional area or business segment
- Learn SQL and other data skills to develop our business intelligence software
- Produce accounting and financial reporting for multiple business entities
What to Expect
This is not an acquisitions/valuation position. At Pangea, asset management is a critical, data-driven group tasked with analyzing the financial and operational performance of our real estate portfolio. We ultimately use this data to identify problems and drive innovation across multiple teams/functions within the business. As such, effective interpersonal and communication skills among a diverse audience will be a critical success factor in this role.
- Bachelor’s degree from top 50 undergraduate university in Finance/Economics, Accounting or related major, minimum 3.5 GPA
- 2-4 years of real world experience with a focus on finance, operations or similar field; real estate experience not required
- Data analysis experience, including large datasets, is strongly preferred
- Must be able to communicate effectively and with confidence to all departments and levels of the organization
- Goal for this position is to own a functional area or business segment within 6-12 months
- Strong desire to learn, take on additional responsibility and advance within the organization quickly
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required
- Experience working within fast-paced and/or start-up environments
- Competitive base salary plus bonus, will depend on experience and qualifications
- Full benefit package, including medical, dental, & vision; disability and life coverage; 401(k) with generous company match
- Casual work environment and dress code
- 10 paid vacation days, plus 5 days of paid sick time annually
- Startup culture with access to work directly with senior management
- Stocked pantry of healthy snacks and café space
- Great company events
- Headquartered in Chicago’s River North neighborhood with upcoming move to the West Loop in November