Operations Strategy Associate
Pangea Properties is a vertically integrated, privately held real estate investment trust (REIT) headquartered in Chicago, IL. Founded in 2009, our mission is to bring high quality, professional property management to the fragmented and unsophisticated workforce housing category. We believe that by leveraging our operational platform, Pangea can provide institutional capital with access to a vast and untouched, high yield asset class. We lead with operations and are accomplishing our mission by incorporating data, technology and excellent customer service to all units under management. We strive to deliver service, value and care, to all our residents.
In just over 9 years, we have grown our private equity capital portfolio to over 14,000 apartment units owned and operated in Chicago, Indianapolis and Baltimore. More recently we have grown a direct mortgage origination unit, Pangea Mortgage Capital, to a portfolio of over $100mm of loans outstanding in addition to building third party management, construction and affordable development businesses. To accomplish all of this, Pangea has grown to approximately 475 employees, the majority of whom were sourced internally and promoted from within.
Watch this video to learn more about Pangea and our people!!
We also pride ourselves in our culture of giving back to the community - even our vendors have taken notice!! Yardi decided to feature Pangea at a recent national summit. Check out this video for a quick recap of the amazing work Pangea Cares did in 2018!!
Pangea is looking for an entrepreneurial, self-driven candidate who is comfortable jumping between project management, data, daily contact center operations, technology and vendor relations.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day support across all areas of our contact center operations, including leasing, prospect underwriting, and resident support, as well as challenging the status quo to ensure optimization of all processes that support the full customer lifecycle.
- Maximize employee engagement, development, and performance by fostering a culture that encourages all employees to reach their maximum potential
- Deliver on staffing and capacity plans by driving recruitment, selection, and retention of qualified internal and external candidates
- Coordinate with department leaders and business stakeholders to better understand objectives to ensure that operational processes align with product and business goals
- Own and/or oversee the execution and ongoing management of strategic deliverables set forth by senior leadership
- Build and/or maintain operational dashboards and reporting suite to track, manage, and provide valuable insights on metrics and KPI’s
- Create and deliver executive-level reporting, including weekly, monthly, and quarterly business reviews
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 3 years of working in fast-paced customer support operation
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills including a proven ability to coach and upskill people
- Experience with process improvement, management consulting, and/or analytics
- Strong problem-solving, critical thinking, and communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word and/or corresponding Google applications; SQL experience a plus
- Competitive base salary plus bonus, will depend on experience and qualifications
- Full benefit package, including medical, dental, & vision; disability and life coverage; 401(k) with generous company match
- Casual work environment and dress code
- 10 paid vacation days, plus 5 days of paid sick time annually
- Startup culture with access to work directly with senior management
- Great company events
- Stocked pantry of healthy snacks and café space