Pangea Real Estate is a privately held real estate owner/operator headquartered in Chicago, IL. Our mission is to be the best property managers on the continent. We are accomplishing our mission by incorporating technology and excellent customer service to all units under management. We strive to deliver service, value and care, to all our residents. In just over 5 years, our portfolio has grown to over 13,000 apartment units owned and operated in Chicago, Indianapolis, and Baltimore.
Click here to see what it's like to work at Pangea!!
Pangea Real Estate is searching for a talented, ambitious, self-directed candidate with strong maintenance and problem solving skills. A successful candidate will be motivated and excited to work at a fast-growing company with room for growth.
Our business has gone from 0 employees to over 450 with the majority of promotions sourced from within.
Responsibilities include, but are NOT limited to:
- Conduct building walk-downs daily, replace all burned out bulbs from hallways and stairwells and batteries in emergency lighting as needed, maintain curb appeal of the property at all times, trash-out vacant units.
- Complete final inspection of all units turned over for leasing.
- Performs electrical repairs on items such as appliances, fixtures, switches, outlets, circuits, etc.
- Performs plumbing work, such as clearing stoppages, replacing fittings, etc.
- Replaces broken glass, tile, carpet, screens, garbage disposals, fixtures, appliances, blinds, locks, etc.
- Paints interior and exterior.
- Performs carpentry work such as fitting doors, freeing windows, replacing and building shelves, stripping and waxing floors.
- Assists in custodial work, including sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, emptying trash, cleaning windows, etc., in common areas.
- Performs seasonal landscaping and snow removal work.
- Performs limited extermination services when required.
- Participates in a standby emergency schedule for evening, weekend, and holiday coverage.
- Is responsible for stock control and utilization of maintenance materials.
- Periodically inspects all units, buildings and common areas performing repairs and janitorial assistance as needed.
- Has knowledge regarding water and gas cutoffs, all apartments and fixtures cutoffs and sewer cleanouts.
- Has constant knowledge regarding contracts and suppliers, their services and goods.
- Assists in apartments move in and move out inspections.
- Makes sure that all apartment repairs and services are completed correctly and on a timely manner.
- Changes locks and makes keys.
- Removes and transfers heavy appliances and equipment from storage area to apartment as necessary.
- Must have own tools.
- Access to reliable automobile, cell phone, and valid driver’s license.
- Honest and able to work in a self-directed, fast-paced environment with minimal oversight.
- Hard working and flexible on hours if necessary.
- Computer literacy a plus
- Competitive pay depending on experience and skill.
- Generous paid time off, health insurance, and 401(k).
- Potential for promotion from within the company.