Pangea Mortgage Capital (PMC) is a bridge and special situations lender and investor headquartered in Chicago, IL. Our mission is to create the premier commercial real estate platform for sub $30mm transactions. PMC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Pangea Properties, a real estate owner/operator with over 13,000 apartment units owned and operated in Chicago, Indianapolis, and Baltimore.
The Loan Originator will use his or her industry contacts within the mortgage brokerage, attorney, and ownership community to source and originate new commercial real estate transactions for PMC. This role will have the opportunity to leverage PMC’s existing operations and deal team to grow a commercial loan portfolio nationwide.
This role will be based out of top 10 metropolitan market, with the expectation of frequent trips to HQ in Chicago to meet with the underwriting teams.
- Develop and maintain client relationships that will lead to new business consistent with the group’s strategy
- Promote awareness of the company’s products and capabilities within the real estate community
- Provide market feedback to management and other functional areas within the organization
- Conduct preliminary review of loan opportunities and collaborate with underwriters to ensure accuracy and completeness of all loan submissions
- Procure all materials needed to fully analyze and advance associated transactions to underwriting
- Accurately represent the risks and merits of each deal and work with credit analysts and to structure and price transactions consistent with PMC’s long-term strategy
- Negotiate business terms of transactions in conjunction with credit team
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- An undergraduate degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- A minimum of 5 – 10 years related commercial mortgage origination experience
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary and bonus are based on performance and successful execution of company strategy.
- Full benefit package, including medical, dental, & vision
- Disability and life coverage
- 401(k) with generous company match