Business Development Manager
Pangea Properties is a vertically integrated, privately held real estate investment trust (REIT) headquartered in Chicago, IL. Founded in 2009, our mission is to bring high quality, professional property management to the fragmented and unsophisticated workforce housing category.
We lead with operations and are accomplishing our mission by incorporating data, technology and excellent customer service to all units under management. We strive to deliver our core values of service, value and care to all our residents. In just over 9 years, we have grown our private equity capital portfolio to over 14,000 apartment units owned and operated in Chicago, Indianapolis and Baltimore.
More recently we have grown a direct mortgage origination unit, Pangea Mortgage Capital, to a portfolio of over $100mm of loans outstanding in addition to building third party management, construction and affordable development businesses. To accomplish all of this, Pangea has grown to approximately 475 employees, the majority of whom were sourced internally and promoted from within.
Watch this video to learn more about Pangea!
The Business Development Manager will work hand in hand with the executive team to grow our third party property management arm, Lumen Property Management, LLC, as well as our third party construction arm, Motus Construction, LLC. We are seeking a highly motivated, self-directed candidate with proven experience in commercial and residential real estate as well as the entrepreneurial fire to want to build something bigger. The ideal candidate will be successful in the following areas:
- Prospect, close, and manage business development partnerships that drive key business results
- Become active in industry and market events, including conferences, meetings, and networking opportunities
- Develop and communicate realistic sales and progress goals
- Work closely with CAPEX, accounting, marketing, and operations team members to scope out and bid jobs, build and maintain an online presence as well marketing pitch materials, underwrite potential deals, and assist in managing property operations
- Make recommendations for optimizing existing deals and for streamlining the deal process
- Build referral and lead generation network
- Bachelor's Degree from a top tier school
- Required 3-5 years’ experience preferred
- Track record of success in sales, marketing and management
- Experience in commercial real estate brokerage or management preferred
- Able to network and create relationships with relevant contacts
- Able to identify customer and business needs and challenges
- Able to address needs and challenges through planning, creation and execution of initiatives
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft and Google Suites
- Yardi experience a plus
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive base salary plus bonus
- Company equity awards available for exceptional, proven performance
- Full benefit package, including medical, dental, & vision; disability and life coverage; 401(k) with company match
- Casual work environment and dress code
- 15 paid vacation days, plus 5 days of paid sick time annually (increases with tenure)
- Startup culture with direct access to senior management and in-place support staff
- Stocked pantry of healthy snacks, beverages and full kitchen / break / social space
- Great company events and collaborative culture
- Headquartered in Chicago’s West Loop neighborhood