Operational Accounting Analyst
Pangea Properties is a vertically integrated, privately held real estate investment trust (REIT) headquartered in Chicago, IL.
Founded in 2009, our mission is to bring high quality, professional property management to the fragmented and unsophisticated workforce housing category. In just over 8 years, our portfolio has grown to over 13,000 apartment units owned and operated in Chicago, Indianapolis and Baltimore and approximately 450 employees, the majority of whom were sourced internally and promoted from within the organization.
We believe that by leveraging our operational platform, Pangea can provide institutional capital access to a vast and untouched, high yield asset class. We lead with operations and are accomplishing our mission by incorporating data, technology, and excellent customer service to all units under management. We strive to deliver service, value and care, to all our residents.
We are looking for a talented, ambitious, and detail-oriented candidate to become a member of our Operational Accounting team. As a team member, you will be asked to act as a centralized source of knowledge on process and policy with the goal to provide precise execution in the support of the larger business. The ideal individual will strive to master responsibilities and further develop autonomy to grow their experience in and contribution to our organization.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Management and execution of daily A/R operations for all properties and markets
- Perform front to end cash management procedures to ensure proper processing, posting, and deposit of funds
- Review and process deposit reconciliations, balance transfers, and fund abatement
- Guarantee ledger integrity thru auditing and resolving for adjustments, application errors, or record inaccuracies
- Manage and prioritize daily, weekly, and monthly accounting deadlines
- Serve as subject matter expert in support of cross organizational inquiries and providing information for effective management of business
- Identify that appropriate internal controls are in place and operating effectively
- Provide ongoing feedback for organization development, process improvement, and risk mitigation
- Participate in additional projects, quality assurance, and data entry as requested by the organization
- Bachelor’s degree with prior finance or accounting educaiton or experience
- Strong understanding of basic accounting principles, duties, and responsibilities
- Mindset that emphasizes an extreme attention to detail and organized approach
- Desire to work in collaborative and dynamic environment
- Effective and professional written and verbal communication
- Self-starter with strong multi-priority and time management skills
- Proficient computer skills including: MS Excel, E-Mail, and business operating system(s)
- Competitive base salary, will depend on experience and qualifications
- Full benefit package, including medical, dental, & vision; disability and life coverage; 401(k) with generous company match
- Casual work environment and dress code
- Great company events
- Stocked pantry of healthy snacks and café space
- 10 paid vacation days, plus 5 days of paid sick time annually