Pest Control Technician
Pangea Real Estate is a real estate management and acquisition company located in downtown Chicago. Our mission is to be the best property managers on the continent. We are accomplishing our mission by incorporating technology and excellent customer service to all units under management. We are one of the fastest growing Chicago real estate companies with over 13,000 units owned and under management in Chicago, Indianapolis, and Baltimore.
Click here to learn more about Pangea!
Pangea is currently looking for a self-motivated Pest Control Tech that is excited to succeed in our company. The successful candidate will be self-driven, highly motivated, and will be able to work effectively in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment. Candidates must be comfortable working in Chicago's south and west side neighborhoods, including South Shore, Auburn Gresham, Englewood, and Park Forest.
This is a full-time role that requires performing pest control duties including, but not limited to:
- pesticide application
- proper mixing of chemicals
- covering rodent holes
- placing traps according to safety
- implementing predictive and productive pest control systems and processes to support the achievement of Pangea’s business goals and objectives.
- Apply pesticides to resident units according to schedules, safety procedures and label instructions.
- Cover rodent holes in the interior of resident units as well as the exterior of buildings.
- Place appropriate traps where necessary.
- Call residents to confirm scheduled services.
- Inspect building interior and exteriors regular for signs of infestation.
- Fill out necessary documents in accordance to our standards and procedures.
- Use supplies in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Perform regular inspection of the buildings and correct any issues.
- Must have own tools necessary to carry out essential job duties.
- Access to reliable automobile, cell phone, and valid driver’s license with insurance.
- Honest and able to work in a self-directed, fast-paced environment with minimal oversight.
- Computer literacy and smart phone knowledge a must.
- Ability to communicate, both oral and written, in the English language.
- Basic mathematical and reasoning skills are required.
- Must be flexible on hours
- Must possess necessary local and state licenses and certificates.
- Must be able to stand, walk, perform repetitive hand and wrist motions and forearm rotation constantly.
- Must be able to stoop/bend, squat, and reach above shoulder frequently.
- Must be able to twist/turn and push/pull occasionally.
- Must be able to lift and carry 25 pounds occasionally.
- Competitive base salary plus bonus, will depend on experience and qualifications
- Company equity award available for exceptional candidates
- Full benefit package, including medical, dental, & vision
- Disability and life coverage
- 401(k) with generous company match