IT Field Support Analyst
Pangea Properties is a vertically integrated, privately held real estate investment trust (REIT) headquartered in Chicago, IL. Founded in 2009, our mission is to bring high quality, professional property management to the fragmented and unsophisticated workforce housing category. We believe that by leveraging our operational platform, Pangea can provide institutional capital with access to a vast and untouched, high yield asset class. We lead with operations and are accomplishing our mission by incorporating data, technology and excellent customer service to all units under management. We strive to deliver service, value and care, to all our residents. In just over 7 years, our portfolio has grown to over 13,000 apartment units owned and operated in Chicago, Indianapolis and Baltimore and approximately 450 employees, the majority of whom were sourced internally and promoted from within.
Watch this video to learn more about Pangea!
We take technology seriously, and pride ourselves on staying at the forefront of the technology curve and finding unique solutions to the problems at hand while providing the best user support possible.
We are passionate about what we do, and we expect you to be just as passionate about what you do and about getting things done. This is a fast moving environment and expect this position to be a demanding one.
- Provide quality technical support for Chicago field users and be accountable for their IT issues, managing tickets and ensuring that they are completed as necessary based on priority.
- Provide onsite IT support at remote offices and onsite troubleshooting of network, wifi and security cameras at various buildings predominantly on the south, southwest and west sides of Chicago.
- Manage and deploy field user desktop systems, applications and configuration both manually as necessary and using automated tools and scripting.
- Troubleshoot Chicago field user desktop issues, as well as basic networking, server and application problems.
- Support, maintain and configure various 3rd party technical software services ranging from email and document storage to property management software.
- Help to write and maintain IT related documentation, refine processes and develop new standards and best practices.
- Work with the rest of the IT team and other parts of organization to complete large projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or 2+ years equivalent experience is preferred, but we understand that some of the best techs come from the people who explore technology on their own because they’re excited about it and have a proactive attitude, so exceptions can be made here for the right candidate.
- Self-motivating, proactive and well organized to ensure that tickets and projects are completed with minimal supervision.
- Fast learning, motivated to continue to expand technical knowledge and adaptable to a fast moving, ever changing environment.
- Solid understanding of Microsoft operating systems, including advanced configuration, command line usage and troubleshooting.
- Solid understanding of networking concepts and how to troubleshoot networking issues.
- Solid customer service/support skills and an understanding of what it takes to provide good technical support to both local and remote users that most likely do not have the same technical expertise.
- Reliable transportation to reach remote sites as this role is predominantly about being out in the field.
- Comfortable being on a ladder when necessary.
- Comfortable traveling to and working on the south, southwest and west sides of Chicago regularly.
Attach resume in a plain text or pdf file. In your cover letter, please include one paragraph to answer one of the following:
- What have been the interesting/frustrating computer problems you've seen? How did you resolve these problems?
- What do you feel has been the most innovative technical solution you've implemented and why? What other options did you consider and why did you feel this solution was a better option?
- Competitive base salary plus bonus, will depend on experience and qualifications
- Full benefit package, including medical, dental and vision; disability and life coverage; 401(k) with generous company match
- Casual work environment and dress code
- 10 paid vacation days, plus 5 days of paid sick time annually
- Compensation towards field travel expenditure
- Startup culture with access to work directly with senior management
- Great company events
- Stocked pantry of healthy snacks and café space