Pangea Real Estate is a privately held real estate owner/operator headquartered in Chicago, IL. Our mission is to be the best property managers on the continent. We are accomplishing our mission by incorporating technology and excellent customer service to all units under management. We strive to deliver service, value and care, to all our residents. In just over 5 years, our portfolio has grown to over 13,000 apartment units owned and operated in Chicago, Indianapolis, and Baltimore.
Pangea Real Estate is searching for a talented, ambitious, self-directed candidate with strong maintenance and problem solving skills. A successful candidate will be motivated and excited to work at a fast-growing company with room for growth.
Our business has gone from 0 employees to over 450 with the majority of promotions sourced from within.
Responsibilities include but are NOT limited to:
- Plumbing: Install both domestic and commercial water tanks; sweat copper; replace galvanized pipes; repair/replace hot water circulation pump; repair/replace broken stack lines; operate commercial rodding equipment; clean catch basins; repair or replace toilets.
- Electrical: Replace breakers; identify, track, and fix different types of shortages; replace light switch/fixture; run an additional electrical line; replace commercial exterior light fixtures.
- Carpentry : Install and repair doors and window systems; install and repair kitchen and bathroom cabinets; framing, drywall, tape, and paint; repair wooden interior and exterior stairs as well as wooden fences; repair and replace baseboards and trim.
- Flooring: Lay ceramic tile around the bathtub surround; lay vinyl tile; repair wooden floors including sanding and varnish.
- Concrete/Roofing: Repair gutters and down spouts; repair cracked sidewalks and stairs; repair flat and shingle roofing; knowledge of tuck pointing and bricklaying a plus.
- Must have own tools.
- Must be EPA certified.
- Access to reliable automobile, cell phone, and valid driver’s license with insurance.
- Honest and able to work in a self-directed, fast-paced environment with minimal oversight.
- Hard working and flexible on hours if necessary.
- Must commit to Pangea full time - not for contractors.
- Management experience preferred.
- Computer literacy a plus.
- HVAC/Boiler Systems: Furnace installation and troubleshooting (both heat and AC); boiler installation and troubleshooting (both steam and water).
- Must be EPA Certified, Type II
- Knowledge of 220V
Compensation and Benefits:
- Base pay starts at up to $17/hour, depending on experience and skill
- Benefits include generous paid time-off, health insurance, 401(k)
- Potential for promotion from within the company
- Periodic training and workshops provided
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!