Pangea Real Estate is a privately held real estate owner/operator headquartered in Chicago, IL. Our mission is to be the best property managers on the continent. We are accomplishing our mission by incorporating technology and excellent customer service to all units under management. We strive to deliver service, value and care, to all our residents. Our portfolio has grown to over 13,000 apartment units owned and operated in Chicago, Indianapolis, and Baltimore.
Pangea Real Estate is searching for talented, ambitious, self-directed candidates with strong customer service and problem solving skills. Successful candidates will be motivated and excited to work at a fast-growing company with room for growth.
Please note that Applicants for the position of Property Manager Must Be Willing To Relocate to additional markets if necessary.
- Own a geographic area of buildings predominantly in the South and West sides of Chicago and Chicago suburbs (opportunities also exist in Indianapolis and Baltimore)
- Show, walk through, and sell units to prospective residents
- Manage paperwork flow between prospective residents and corporate office
- Follow-up on maintenance / repair requests and ensure properties stays in excellent condition
- Address resident complaint phone calls and follow-up, ensuring continuing resident satisfaction
- Collect monthly rents and administer collection procedures when needed
- Successfully pass annual CHA Section 8 unit screening to ensure continued revenue
- Perform routine drive/walk by of properties at various times throughout the day/night
- Treat the units and residents as if they were your own
Qualifications/Minimum Skills to Apply
- 2-year Associates degree
- Demonstrable conflict management and problem solving skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and mobile communication
- Access to reliable automobile REQUIRED
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including outside of normal business hours to ensure the zone prospers
- 3+ years of property management experience preferred, including multi-site residential and retail
- Sales or management experience a plus
- Familiarity with face-to-face customer interaction
- Working knowledge of Yardi property management software
- Full health insurance package, including medical, dental, and vision
- Long and short-term disability
- 401(k) retirement plan with matching
- Two weeks’ vacation and five sick days per year
- Discount on apartment at any one of our properties
- Employee referral payment program
- Company cell phone
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!