Business Operations Analyst
Pangea Real Estate is a privately held real estate owner/operator headquartered in Chicago, IL. Our mission is to be the best property manager on the continent. We are accomplishing our mission by incorporating technology and excellent customer service to all units under management. We strive to deliver service, value and care, to all our residents. Since 2008, our portfolio has grown to over 13,000 apartment units owned and operated in Chicago, Indianapolis, and Baltimore.
Watch this video to learn more about Pangea!
This role will support Pangea’s field and back office operations through data analytics and continual process improvement. The successful candidate must be comfortable managing multiple high priority, high value, and highly strategic projects at the same time. After a period of proven performance, you will begin to manage individuals and eventually entire teams at Pangea. We are looking for entrepreneurial, self-driven candidates who are excited by the thought of crafting initiatives and executing projects to help bring Pangea into the next phase of its growth.
- Create analytics to drive decision-making using SQL, Excel and BI visualization tools
- Use a data-backed approach to answer questions, provide solutions and manage operational performance
- Run ad hoc projects/analyses to create strategic recommendations based on data analysis
- Measure performance against process requirements, aligning improvement projects to close performance shortfalls
Process Improvement and Development
- Implement new operational initiatives to cut cycle time, improve efficiency, and increase customer satisfaction
- Develop project plans and scope of work by coordinating the prioritization, development, testing and implementation for each project
- Constantly identify areas of improvement in business processes and implement solutions
- Research, diagnose and resolve technical issues independently or as a part of a team.
- Meet service level targets through planning, hiring, scheduling, and quality control to deliver on our core values
- Prepare reports for management defining problem, evaluation, and possible solution
- Train and support company staff of all levels on operational initiatives
- 4-year degree from top 50 university
- 3-5 year minimum work experience in data analysis, consulting, marketing/sales, or project management
- Experience in real estate or call center operations a plus
- Business acumen; budgeting, staffing, cost analysis, value-based decision making
- Technological aptitude. Must be able to quickly learn and troubleshoot business software.
- Dynamic verbal and written communicator demonstrated with emotional intelligence allowing for leadership potential
- Demonstrate organizational and prioritization skills
- Strong analytically with advanced technical skills to leverage data sets (Excel, VBA, SQL)
- Demonstrated experience in working with broad cross-functional teams
- Medical, dental, vision, FSAs, Life, Long- and Short-Term Disability all available for eligible employees
- 401(k) with generous company match for eligible employees
- Casual work environment in Chicago's River North area
- Casual dress code